Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008

So I went to bed Thursday night with the realization that I needed to wear a costume to the party at the Time Warp Tea Room. Plus, helping Will get his samarai costume together motivated me to do the same.

I bought a velour dress for $1, bag of flowers for $1, and a whole bolt of gold trim for $2. I took the dress apart. It was one of those "teacher" dresses that are gathered right below the bust line. I cut open the seam and cut away some extra fabric. Then I added a bit of the extra fabric to the bottom. With my glue gun, I attached the trim and flowers. In about an hour, I had my costume.

I also had lights on the lampshade.

It was a lot of fun to wear and people new what I was immediately.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Steph Jordan said...

You are so colorful. I love it and you go with that hat!!! Too cute.